Search Hutto Homes For Sale
||$100,000 - $200,000
||$200,000 - $300,000
|$300,000 - $400,000
||$400,000 - $500,000
||$500,000 - $600,000
|$600,000 - $700,000
||$700,000 - $800,000
Turner Edmiston Properties
Watters International Realty
Berkshire Hathaway TX Realty
Coldwell Banker United REALTOR
Berkshire Hathaway TX Realty
Hutto Real Estate
Whether you're already a resident of the greater Austin area or are planning a move to the region from elsewhere, you're likely already aware of all the great things that the city of Austin has to offer. But you're probably also aware of the challenges that can come with living in downtown Austin proper, which is why looking to the towns surrounding the city is so worthwhile.
Taking a look at Hutto TX homes for sale could be the answer you're looking for, and this town is steadily growing in size and population thanks to everything that it offers. Whether you're single, retired, or a family looking for that perfect home, you'll likely find what you're in need of when you look at what Hutto has to offer.
About Hutto Homes For Sale
Explore Hutto homes for sale, and you'll discover a booming community with lush parks, great neighbors and delightful local services. Hutto real estate benefits from a strong economic force and thriving local business culture. High employment rates, an affordable cost of living, a young population and a fantastic quality of life are just a few of the reasons Hutto home owners love living in this beautiful city.
Hutto homes for sale are primarily single-family residences. Properties can be found in peaceful and established subdivisions, on spacious acreage lots, and in brand new, suburban neighborhoods. Because the town has experienced a great deal of growth in recent years, it's easy to find brand new construction homes for sale, including affordable starter home options, and large upscale residences.
Hutto homes for sale run the gamut of what is available throughout the nation. Average housing prices are about $248,000, with lows of just over $100,000 and the most expensive properties still falling just shy of the $1 million mark. Within that range, you'll find everything from ranch style estates to more contemporary single family homes and all points in between. Along with the wide range of styles and sizes, the real estate market also offers the chance to settle into various planned communities as well as older neighborhoods that offer you a strong sense of the small-town charm that is often hard to find in today's crowded metro areas.
The town's long history means that it's often possible to purchase a historical property that is unique and that will provide the chance to live in a piece of American history. Of course, these historical properties are all upgraded with modern wiring and conveniences, letting you enjoy your time in history without feeling like you're trapped in the past.
Inventory levels are solid considering the small size of Hutto, and around 140 to 150 listings are usually available to choose from at any time, giving you plenty of options when you begin looking for Hutto homes for sale.
- Several parks & recreational facilities, including The Golf Club at Star Ranch
- Community events such as the Farmers' Market
- Served by the Hutto Independent School District
- Friendly community with strong family values
A Closer Look At Hutto
Hutto is located in Williamson County and sits just northeast of Austin. Like other towns in the area, it has a long history that goes back to the late 1800s, and some of the locations throughout the town showcase that history in their architecture.
The city has a diverse population, and when shopping for Hutto real estate you'll find that there are homes for all price ranges and all senses of style and taste. In short, there's really something for everyone here.
Thanks to the small town vibe, it's easier for families to relax and enjoy their time here but the close proximity to Austin means that whether you work or play in the city, you'll be able to access it easily without having to deal with the headaches that can come from actually living in the urban sprawl.
The Infamous Hutto Hippo
Hutto is famously known for its Hutto Hippo, a local mascot with a quirky history. As the story goes, a circus came through town in 1915 and made a stop for passengers, mail and animal care. A hippopotamus made a great escape during the stop and caused quite the kerfuffle as the circus-folk tried to wrangle the massive animal with great difficulty.
A telegraph was promptly sent to Taylor and Round Rock issuing an order to "STOP TRAINS, HIPPO LOOSE IN HUTTO!" The town would forever be remembered for the incident. A few years later, the hippo became the official mascot of Hutto High School and, eventually, the entire town.
Why Call Hutto Home?
Of course, deciding to move to Hutto involves more than just deciding that you're ready for something different. It's important to choose a location that offers you and your family exactly what you're looking for, and for nearly anyone Hutto won't disappoint. Here's a look at some of the key reasons that Hutto real estate is worth looking into.
- Wide range of properties available to fit into any budget as well as any architectural style preference. In short, you can find a home here that is perfect for you and your family.
- The close proximity to Austin means that you don't have to travel far to get to the city for work, shopping, or entertainment. But you still get to enjoy the small town vibe that Austin can't provide to you.
- The eclectic nature of nearby Austin is on full display here as well, and Hutto itself has plenty of options for dining, entertainment, shopping, and more. You can't have far to go when you're ready to enjoy a day or night out and about.
- Regular events, festivals, and gatherings take place throughout the year in Hutto, and residents are able to enjoy the festivities however they choose.
- The town's small-town charm means that it's easier to develop a bond with your neighbors. The strong sense of community helps make life here more enjoyable.
- There are numerous parks nearby, from the Golf Club at Star Ranch to family parks for picnics. Getting outside and enjoying things is easy.
- The local economy is very strong, and while many work in Austin there are also plenty of job opportunities within the town itself. It actually has one of the best employment rates in the country.
- The local school system is also one of the best in Texas, and residents here are able to send their children to schools that offer exemplary educational opportunities.
- Properties here are usually located on large lots, which translates to you and your family finally being able to have the backyard you've always wanted.
- Cost of living is very affordable, making it easier to settle here and actually enjoy your time without worry.
- Unlike some other locations near Austin, Hutto has a young population. That translates to it being the perfect place to find a starter home and raise your family, while still being able to access the things that interest you most.
Moving To Hutto
Finding your perfect Hutto home isn't that difficult. With a robust real estate inventory always available and new properties being listed regularly, it really is just a matter of taking some time to look through your options and track down the one that interests you the most.A good local real estate agent can help you find the Hutto homes for sale that most closely match your budget and your interests, and can help you find that dream home fast.
No matter what you're looking for, there's no question that investigating Hutto real estate further is a smart move for anyone shopping for properties in and around Austin. The town offers a lot to love, and could be exactly what you and your family are trying to find.
Hutto, TX Schools
Children living in Hutto, TX real estate will be attending the Hutto Independent School District. The Hippo Nation believes in "inspiring excellence in academics, character and community." Go Hippos! Overall attendance in Hutto I.S.D. is higher than school attendance in the state of Texas. Hutto I.S.D. is made up of 1 high school, 2 middle schools and 5 elementary schools with an additional elementary school opening in 2016.
Schools in Hutto I.S.D.
Elementary Schools in Hutto, TX
Middle Schools in Hutto, TX
High Schools in Hutto, TX
^ Back to top of Hutto Real Estate
The information being provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Based on information from the Austin Board of REALTORS® (alternatively, from ACTRIS) from October 18th, 2017 at 4:00am CDT. Neither the Board nor ACTRIS guarantees or is in any way responsible for its accuracy. The Austin Board of REALTORS®, ACTRIS and their affiliates provide the MLS and all content therein "AS IS" and without any warranty, express or implied. Data maintained by the Board or ACTRIS may not reflect all real estate activity in the market.
All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.